Surgical Priorities in a Global Pandemic, Friday 18 September 2020
Oxford University Global Surgery Group are running a free half day webinar on Surgical Priorities in a Global Pandemic - join us online.
A Global Health Conference for surgeons, ob/gyns and anaesthetists to learn from and with each other.
About this Event
This year, the annual OUGSG Conference will be a free, half-day conference in conversation with Oxford University Global Surgery Faculty and guest speakers. This event will be livestreamed and more details on how to view the conference will be sent to all registered attendees during the week of the conference.
The day will reflect on the future of surgery, anaesthesia and obstetrics amidst the changing global health situation. A wide range of topics will be covered such as the impact of the COVID-19 :
- on anaesthetic and intensive care priorities
- on sexual and reproductive health
- on discovering important research questions
- on prioritising resource allocation in the pandemics aftermath.
The day will also feature interviews hosted by Global Scalpels to highlight some incredible international colleagues to discuss:
- HIC’s role in meaningfully supporting LMIC’s, both on the ground and remotely
- Assessment of personal risk to practitioners/volunteers in an international crisis
- The role of an HIC team in this pandemic
The group welcomes practitioners of all grades and disciplines engaged in global surgery, anaesthesia and obstetrics or related fields, especially our international colleagues.
Programme + registration at Eventbrite here